FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is the VF Automate?
VF Automate is a program designed to collect and process an enormous amount of data from the financial market, and, by the means of a complex and thorough analysis, to make decisions and to execute buy and sell orders, based on the triumphant strategies of Vicktor Flagënhein.
2. What are the strategies used by VF Automate?
VF Automate deals on the financial market based on the strategies developed by Vicktor Flagënhein, a complex data-analysis algorithm, designed to find the best business opportunities on various financial asset markets.
3. How consistent are the results?
We have successfully performed backward testing spanning over 100 years on Dow Jones, plus 30 years on DAX-30, CAC-40 and FTSE-100. In addition to that, Vicktor Flagënhein’s strategies succeeded in over 15 years in real time market on the same indices, on commodities, options, and the main currency pairs, such as EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CHF, among others. However, we should note that past results are not necessarily indicative of future results.
4. Why does VF Automate deal on FOREX?
FOREX is the biggest market in the world, trading more than 4 trillion dollars per day. Another advantage is that FOREX runs 24/7, from 17:00 GMT Sunday (New York) until 22:00 GMT Friday (New York). This huge trading volume combined with its continuous trading operation, grant high liquidity and potential profitability, making FOREX the perfect environment for our VF Automate.
5. Why does VF Automate attain results so superior to other automated broadcasting services?
Most strategies use comparisons with traditional market indices as performance indicators (such as S&P 500 and Dow Jones). Expressions such as “S&P 500 fell 10% this year, but our performance, comparatively was good, since we lost just 5%.” are oddly commonly presented.
However, when analyzing the entire fluctuation of prices on the period, we realize that it is not even close to the best result possible. Stocks, currencies or any other financial asset traded generally show a significant oscillation between the minimum and the maximum price, in a study period. Potentially, we have all the way from the minimum price to the maximum price to place trades, therefore taking advantage of the full oscillations to obtain profit.
Vicktor Flagënhein’s strategies were developed under the light of a new paradigm. We asked ourselves: “From the total oscillation between minimum and maximum price, what’s the largest profit we may achieve?” Operating under this new paradigm is one of the determining points for VF Automate to produce results so superior to those found in the market.
6. Why is SMC adamant about anonymity?
One of Smart Money Corporation’s most important values is our concern with safety and privacy, our own and our partners’.
We adopt a low profile lifestyle. We abhor the spotlight and ostentatious spending. On the other hand, we take profit, consistent results, solid knowledge and all that allows us to enjoy financial, physical and emotional abundance very seriously.
More than a lifestyle, the search for discretion and privacy is an essential and strategic tool for the success of our trades.
It is historically common for successful traders to have huge volume orders boycotted by banks who act as liquidity providers for Forex. Therefore, when choosing ECN brokers as partners, one of our conditions is anonymity in our trades. This approach renders more depth to our orders, enabling us to deliver an order up to 500M US dollars in one single click.
We extend this same regard for the privacy and anonymity of our partners. All personal and financial information is kept under absolute secrecy, in compliance with the internationally recognized standards of good practice for information security ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002.
7. Why does SMC trade third-party funds?
We own a winning methodology and an automated structure for our operations. Thus, trading with third-party funds has become a natural development of our business.
8. What guarantees does SMC offer its partners?
We offer the following guarantees to our partners:
Accounts with Individual ownership : Our partners’ funds are completely segregated from SMC’s and partner brokers funds. This means that neither SMC nor our partner brokers can withdraw or transfer money from your account. We restrict our activity to opening and closing positions on the market.
Transparency of the orders: As our partner, you will be able to follow your account balance in real time, and will receive detailed bank statements of every trade made in your name.
Performance based remuneration: Our remuneration is proportional to our trades. That means that the more our partner gains, the more we do. We make money together.
We do not act as counterparty: SMC operates its own funds the same way it does with funds from our partners. This means, that we do not act as counterparty on our partners’ trades. We do not have to put ourselves in the place of our partners: for we are always at the same place with them.
1. Are there positive results guarantees?
In all of the backtesting period (100 years of Dow Jones index, 30 years of DAX-30, CAC-40 and FTSE-100), as well as in the forward testing period, there has never been one single trimester which closed up with a negative balance. However, since the strategies are based on statistical calculations of probability, it would not be wise to say there is a 100% guarantee on the results. Furthermore, past results are not necessarily indicative of future results.
2. Is it possible to lose more money than what I invested?
No. Each one of Vicktor Flagënhein’s strategies have solid parameters for Stop Loss orders, which minimize negative results and cut the losses. Besides the inherent protection of the tested strategies, all our partner brokers’ use a protective system called “Margin Cut”. Margin Cut executes an order automatically, which prevents their clients to lose more money than one has in an account.
1. What is the step-by-step procedure to invest with SMC?
- Fill out the registration form (application form) and send the required documents:
- Copy of identity card or passport;
- Copy of proof of address;
- Proof of sufficient financial resources equal or superior to 1 million US dollars (bank or broker);
- Await the approval of your application by our Compliance Department (at least 48h);
- In case of approval, you will be introduced to the partner brokers, chosen according to your profile;
- Open an account at the partner broker of your choosing within the options provided (at least 72h);
- Send the resources to the chosen partner broker;
- After confirmation of the arrival of your resources by the broker, your account will be ready to be operated by SMC
2. Where do we keep the resources?
The resources are kept in custody in first-rate banks, under the form of Trust Accounts. In this account style, the clients’ and partners’ resources get totally segregated from the resources of the broker. This means that only the account holder (client or partner) has legal powers to withdraw or transfer money.
3. How can I make a withdrawal?
Just get in touch with the partner broker and ask for a withdrawal or transfer to your bank account.
4. Can I follow the orders on my account in real time?
Yes. Every open position, as well as the history of trades is available for you at your account at the broker.
5. Can SMC withdraw money from my account with or without my consent?
No. Neither with, nor without your consent. Only the account holder (client or partner) is authorized to withdraw or transfer money. SMC only has clearance to trade the resources in the market.
Opening an Account
1. Can I open an account as a natural person and/or legal entity?
Yes. Both natural persons and legal entities are welcome to establish a partnership with SMC.
2. How do I open an account?
- Fill out the registration form (application form) and send the requested documents:
- Copy of identity card or passport;
- Copy of proof of address;
- Proof of sufficient financial resources equal or superior to 1 million US dollars;
2. Await the approval of your application by our Compliance Department (at least 48h)
3. In case of approval of your application, you will be introduced to the partner brokers, chosen according to your profile;
4. Open an account on the partner broker of your choosing within the options provided (at least 72h);
5. Send the resources to the partner broker chosen;
6. After confirmation of the arrival of your resources by the broker, your account will be ready to be operated by SMC.
3. How long does it take to open an account?
Application approval by SMC – 48h
Opening an account at the partner broker – 72h
4. Which countries does SMC accept for opening an account?
SMC established partnerships in almost all countries in the globe. As a safety measure, we do not accept individuals or institutions in the FATF (Financial Action Task Force) black list. Currently they are: Iran, North Korea, Ecuador, Indonesia, Algeria, and Myanmar.
5. How may I send resources to the chosen broker?
For the initial transfer or remittance of resources, bank transfers are universally accepted. Some brokers accept other means such as credit card or virtual wallet.
How to Contact Us
1. How can I contact SMC?
Telephone: +44 020 3286 3615
Americas – Central Office
P.H. Ocean Business Plaza, Office 1402, Calle Aquilino De La Guardia, Panama City, Panama
Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road, London, England
Asia & Oceania
14, Robinson Road, #08-01A, Far East Finance Building, Singapore
2. What are the business hours for the public?
Monday to Friday – 11 am to 7 pm –New York time (Eastern Standard Time – EST)
3. What are the business hours for the client/partner?
24 /7 (full time)
4. What languages do you speak?
English, Portuguese and Spanish.
Fees and Costs
1. What are the costs and fees to be paid for using VF Automate?
The allocation of resources from the profits generated by the VF Automate are distributed as follows:
- 47,5% for the client/partner
- 5% to charity (Vicktor Flagënhein Foundation) (see Altruism page)
- 47,5% to SMC
2. Why is the performance fee so high?
SMC provides highly significant and consistent financial results, unparalleled in the market. A proportionately high performance rate is nothing more than a reflection of the excellence of our performance. All of our ongoing partnerships are pretty much satisfied with their results. Several of them are keen to say they feel even privileged to have SMC on their side
3. What’s the procedure for paying the performance fee?
SMC’s performance fee is realized at the last working day of the month. The payment is proportional to the profit won on the period (month) and follows a pre-establish percentage, as stated on paragraph 1 above.
Taxes and Legal Matters
1. Do I have to pay taxes trading via VF Automate?
No. There is no tax obligation intrinsically attached to the trades. Neither for SMC, nor for the partner brokers. We advise our clients to verify possible tax obligations in their own country of residence and/or citizenship.